- 2 cups fresh lima beans
- ½ small yellow onion
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 slices uncooked bacon
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Bring first 4 ingredients and water to cover to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain beans, reserving ¾ cup cooking liquid. Discard yellow onion, thyme and garlic.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 7 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble.
Sauté chopped sweet onion in hot drippings over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Stir in corn, and cook, stirring often, 6 minutes or until corn is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cooked lima beans and ¾ cup reserved cooking liquid; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in butter and next 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.