Holly Brunch Cocktail or Mocktail
Serves 20 (in a 10 oz. rocks glass filled halfway with ice)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 5 large rosemary sprigs
- 6 cups 100% cranberry juice
- 3 cups pulp-free orange juice
- 4 cups club soda
- Two 750-milliliter bottles vodka (optional)
1. Make a simple syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add rosemary (no need to de-stem it; just throw it in there) to simple syrup and simmer for 5 more minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Discard rosemary from syrup (strain any green bits out if needed) and cool.
4. Combine 3 cups syrup and juices in the jug. Place cover on the jug and swirl it around to combine.
5. There will be just enough room left in the jug for club soda, so right before serving, add the club soda and transfer the amount desired to a pitcher or punch bowl.
6. Garnish with an extra rosemary sprig if you have one.
7. Best served with ice (on the side) in a rocks glass.
8. Add vodka if desired, 1⁄4 cup per 3/4 cup punch.