1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place pork tenderloin on top. Season the pork with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through roasting.
2. Combine the mustard, honey and thyme in a small bowl. Spread over the pork.
3. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a cutting board and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat layers in the remaining phyllo dough; lightly coat the top phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Place pork on one edge of the phyllo stack and roll gently. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes longer.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and cook for 1 minute. Add apples and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add cream and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
5. Once out of the oven, let the pork rest for 10 minutes, then slice. Spoon apples onto serving plates and top with pork. Serves 3-4.
By Jen Plaggemars, private chef, registered dietitian and owner of Chef Jen LLC
Urban St. magazine is distributed to residents and visitors of the lakeshore communities of Holland, Zeeland, Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Saugatuck, Douglas, Fennville, Muskegon, Nunica, Port Sheldon and West Olive at numerous pick-up locations including attractions, retailers, restaurants, hotels and salons/spas.