2 eggs, beaten ½ cup Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon honey 1 ½ cup honey wheat pretzel braids 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
¼ cup stone ground mustard ¼ cup honey ¼ cup olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 8 cups mixed salad greens 12 strawberries, hulled and sliced 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
All you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Lightly coat the rack with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the beaten egg, Dijon and honey. Set aside.
3. Place the pretzels in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Transfer to a plate.
4. Dip each chicken tender in the mustard mixture, then coat in the pretzel crumbs and transfer to the wire rack. Spray the tops of the tenders with more nonstick spray. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the stone ground mustard, honey, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Lay salad greens onto four plates and top with strawberries and fresh basil. Top with warm chicken tenders and drizzle with dressing. Serves 4
By Jen Plaggemars, private chef, registered dietitian and owner of Chef Jen LLC
Urban St. magazine is distributed to residents and visitors of the lakeshore communities of Holland, Zeeland, Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Saugatuck, Douglas, Fennville, Muskegon, Nunica, Port Sheldon and West Olive at numerous pick-up locations including attractions, retailers, restaurants, hotels and salons/spas.